Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Recipe #1: Almond Chicken Dijon

This is yummy, easy, pretty quick, and nutritious!

4 chicken breast halves (about 1lb)
2 tbsp light mayo
2 tbsp dijon mustard (I like Grey Poupon Country Dijon)
1/4 cup slivered almonds

Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased glass baking dish (I use about 1/2 a tbsp of olive oil)
Mix mustard and mayo together in a separate bowl.
Spread mixture evenly over chicken - try to cover all surfaces
Sprinkle slivered almonds on top.
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (needs longer if chicken isn't completely defrosted or is really thick).
Per Serving: 200 calories, 1g Fiber, 9g Fat, 26g Protein.

I first came across this recipe when my Aunt Suzanne had leftovers of it in her fridge. She found it in a Kraft Foods flier. It can also be found at Kraftrecipes.com


I love it! Serve it with some brown rice and a veggie and it's a great meal. (It also reheats well- so leftovers are great!)

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, this looks yummy and easy! I'm going to make this one this week for sure!

    ReplyDelete