Monday, December 6, 2010

Chicken Divan or What Am I Going To Do With All This Leftover Turkey??



With Thanksgiving over, I find myself with about eight pounds of frozen turkey sitting in my freezer.  I have made about a billion turkey sandwiches and a couple of gallons of turkey soup.  So, now I am on the hunt for good recipes that will use up that turkey.  This is one that has been a family favorite forever and translates well from chicken to turkey.  I recently tried a recipe for chicken a la king, which didn't work out so well, but I will keep trying and will share the good ones here.  So, to business.....

Chicken (or Turkey) Divan
Serves 4-ish

Ingredients:

2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast (about 2 breast halves)
1 12-16 oz package frozen broccoli
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/4 c lemon juice
1 can cream of chicken soup (cream of mushroom works ok too)
1 tsp mild curry powder (or more if you like)
cheddar cheese
croutons (optional)

Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

1. Cook frozen broccoli.
2. Mix mayo, lemon juice, soup and curry powder in a small bowl
3. Put chicken and cooked broccoli in an 8 x 8 baking dish
4. Pour soup mixture over top.  At this point I usually stir things up a bit, so the sauce gets all over everything
5. Grate cheddar cheese over the top (In my house, if you can still see broccoli or chicken, there's not enough cheese :) )
6.  Add croutons if you want.

Bake for 20 to 30 minutes till cheese is melted and bubbly and a litte browned.
Serve over rice

1 comment:

  1. You can also add tater tots on top and it turns out great! I have a recipe similar to this, but with tater tots :o)

    ReplyDelete